Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Woman at the Well

Seeing that this event in history is what inspired me to create a blog letting the world (or at least those few people that find my site) know my thoughts and views on anything and everything, I wanted to give a few accounts of my own related to this fascinating lady.

Running early one morning before work, I came around a corner and suddenly had the sensation I should go into the garden of a church I was coming up on. Not wanting to be late for work, and needing to shower and prepare for the day, I was hesitant. The feeling persisted though, with increasing urgency, so I changed my route and headed up the brick stairs and towards the sound of a fountain. Reaching the garden, I stretched for a few moments, wondering why God would have prompted me into the small haven. I looked around for something to hold onto while doing another set of stretches and spotted a pole near some bushes in the corner. As I made my way towards it, I happened to glance at a shaded spot hidden from site to a casual passerby. The sudden view was incredible. There, larger than life, stood a marble woman holding a jar while gazing at Jesus sitting near the well.

I could only laugh at the way God speaks and the ways in which he wants to communicate. This woman has been a recurring figure in my walk with God; one who in many ways I think we all can relate to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this particular story in the bible. How awesome is Jesus that he met this woman exactly where she was, even though she was a samaritan and considered beneath him by social standards of the day. Jesus was not intereted in those things, he loved people and he loved her. It shows a love we need to walk in ourselves more often to just love someone because they are a child of God and loved by him. And while if I am honest I have not attained this level of love I am working on it.