Thursday, October 16, 2008

This House Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us

Sometimes there comes a point in someone's life when they have to step up and be an adult. Right now I'm the one at that pinnacle. I'm looking over the ledge, taking in just how far down the drop is if I fall, and really nervous about jumping...after all, when I do who's going to be on the other side to catch me?

Lately it's been a recurring theme though. It's time to step up and take care of my own messes. No one can do it for me this time because I know I have to learn. After making such a big deal about it, you're probably reading this thinking that I have a major life decision that I need to make, right? Actually no, this all just boils down to a friend staying at my teeny, tiny house free of charge. Have I mentioned the house is insanely small? That they happen to be living in the living room? That their dirty clothes were found strung on my couch this morning? No, I probably failed to bring that up.

But I made the jump and I'm proud to say I've landed on my own two feet, no help necessary. I was practically pushed off that ledge though, when the friend mentioned bringing in some visitors to the house for a few days. But it was a necessary push, and in this particular case, the grass really does appear to be greener on the other side!

No comments: