Friday, January 9, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

I arrived in Colorado late Wednesday night and since then have been doing nothing but sightseeing. It's been great, but I can't help but wonder what happened to the frigid temperatures I was told to prepare for. Not that I'm complaining; I can't stand for the temps to even dip below the 70 degree mark, let alone be so cold you need snow chains to pull you and your vehicle down the road. Luckily I think God is slowly getting me used to the weather, so we've had two beautiful days!

I'm so excited and nervous to be traveling to Colorado Springs on Saturday. My brother made the very long drive to Denver with me from Nashville, but he'll be staying at our friends while I move to my new home with YWAM. Excited because of what I know God is getting me ready to learn, see and do. Nervous because I'll be surrounded by many people I've never met, and a few I only know slightly. Never one to willingly give up my comfortable, familiar set of friends, I'm definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. But as I realize, and everyone keeps confirming, this group of people I'll be spending each day with for at least the next six months is exactly who God has chosen for His work. That's amazing when you stop to think about it. He spoke to each of us individually for this common goal that we aren't even aware of yet. We will each be bringing something to the mix that is unique and yet similar to accomplish whatever the end goal is going to be! Needless to say, that tips the scale heavily in excited's favor!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

God is such an Awesome God! Isn't it just amazing that he is interested in each of us individually. He knows all about our little quirks and all our failures and still loves us and calls us his children. You are in for a wonderful blessing and I am looking forward to sharing in your experience through your blog.