Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still, Small Voices

My Discipleship Training School has officially been in session for 3 days, and within that amazingly small frame of time God has been showing up in the largest possible way. Although our small group of people have only known each other for less than five days, we immediately had the strangest sensation of being long time friends. Not just that, but every staff member has commented on the fast progression of our group's worship and communication style with one another. Testimony day was revealing and emotional, and we've all been brought to deeper levels of understanding with the other.

On a personal level, God has really been speaking to my heart regarding my past. Just today He spoke through someone else regarding Isaiah 54. Read it - it will blow your mind. Or...at least it did for me! Ultimately it says that even though I was forsaken as a young married woman, God raised me up and fashioned me into a weapon for his use through those experiences. Interestingly enough, yesterday it was revealed to me that Mandi actually means Warrior Maiden.

So many stories such as these have happened only within the last 24 hours. He's spoken through other people regarding my future husband, and has revealed to me the qualities that man will possess. I cannot wait to spend my life with this person, but at the same time am in such a wonderful growing and learning period with the Lord that I know He's making me into the woman of God that this man will need so that we can be in ministry together - Like Priscilla and Aquila of the bible.

No comments: