Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

And waiting...

Yes, waiting is how I've been spending the majority of my time this last week. But as Dionne Warwick pointed out, you won't get Him thinkin' and a-hopin'. I have to show Him that I care just for Him. I need to do the things He likes to do and love Him. Wearing my hair just for Him probably wouldn't hurt my odds, either. But hours worth of hoping He's going to speak to me isn't going to be very effective if I want something to actually take place - besides me falling asleep with that same longing. Showing him I care by reading His word, praising Him and singing my heart out for Him, not caring how others perceive me,  and diligently waiting on Him to come around are the key ways He's going to show up.

Of course, I still have to put all this into practice or I will still be sitting here wondering how long I'm going to wrestle with the Angel of God before He blesses me. I'm sure in the weeks to come I'll look back on this entry and laugh at the ways He's made himself known since then. As for now though, I'm anticipating that.

No comments: