Monday, December 8, 2008

It's See You Soon, Not Goodbye

In light of all the happens and events in my life right now, people keep approaching me with the same few topics of conversation. One of these centers around leaving friends and family. When dialogue of this nature takes place at work, it almost exclusively involves my dear friend at the workplace, and any other place for that matter. Everyone goes on and on about how she won't survive, asking who I'll confide in once I'm on the other side of the world, and most popularly that she will have to find a replacement best mate.

I am very sad to leave everyone. I feel like it's literally taken me a lifetime to get the type of friends that I have now - people that truly relate to me, people that care about deeper issues than what they'll wear to the next date party at the frat house. (I'm not poking fun, I used to be that girl). Above all though, I don't feel like I'm losing any of these friends. Yes, I'll be gone for 6 month periods. Yes, I'll only be able to communicate via computer and phone, and at times I'm going to want some face time with certain people desperately. But in spite of all this, I'm coming back. Nashville is still my home. The people here have my heart and I couldn't possibly leave them.

And you know what? They may all be saying sweet things now, but in six months they will most likely be sick of me because I'll be camped on their couch until I wear out my welcome. After all, I'll need to make up for lost time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made some of the best friends of my life in a quick 2 year period and had to move away from them - but I believe their involvement in my life came at exactly the right time, the move happened at the right time and things are working out according a higher plan and in the end those wonderful friends are still wonderful friends and I'm thankful everyday for them and for the path my life has taken - the path of see you soon not goodbye. I never even thought to ask that question of you b/c I can tell how much this means to you and how excited you are and it's obviously the right path for you at the right time. God speed! :)