Sunday, December 7, 2008

Change Requires Trust

Something huge is about to take place. I see it coming around the corner faster than I could have imagined, like a train at warp speed heading straight for me. In reality, it's a calendar I'm looking at. One month from today I'll be moving to Colorado Springs and starting a new career - one that is completely dependent on something other than myself. God to be exact. He'll be my employer, my provider, my protector, heck he may even be the only person I feel I can talk to out there for quite some time.

Late in October I knew everything was about to change. I had attended a Sunday night service at a church not my own, and the guest speaker was a missionary for an organization called Youth With a Mission. He spoke of a need for passionate people willing to go to countries that could have the greatest impact for Christ, to raise up their future leaders and impact corporations, and in effect, change the heart of the countries themselves. His call to people was extraordinary - so much so that I literally hyperventilated in my seat, feeling the force of strong hands pushing on my chest as my friend wondered aloud if we should get me to the hospital. Luckily I was ok; at least health-wise. After going to the alter to pray about the feeling, a lady came and introduced herself to tell me that Jesus had a message for me. Yes, you read that correctly. He said I was his bride, and that he was very proud of me. That immediately let me know I had mentally heard the right thing. I was to become a full time missionary, packing up and selling everything to travel the world as His hands and feet.

It sounded wonderful in theory at first, until I realized that's exactly what I'll be doing. Moving away from everyone I know. Selling everything or putting it in storage until only God knows when (literally). It also means that I will be completely dependent on the Lord to provide my income, housing, food - everything. But if I'm going to trust anyone, it's going to be the Provider God himself. At the same time, I have to come to grips with not being the successful career girl I had built up for myself until this point.

Phew, it was nice to get this off my chest. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time, I'm in constant prayer. And I believe that's exactly where He wants me to stay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lord will take care of you Look at the birds in the field they do not worry or fret because they know their creator will provide for them. How much more will he take care of his own daughter. You are truely in the best hands available.