Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Nightmare Before Christmas


With a firm belief in God's perfect plan, and realizing that my actions can allow me to deviate from the path he wants me to go down, one occurance in today's events brought on the migraine that is now slowly forming in the back of my skull.

For me to realize that if I had just had my cell phone number changed hours previously, instead of waiting until the end of the workday as procrastination would have it, I could have avoided an onslaught of text messages of a stalker-ish nature. They came from the ghost of nightmare's past, and asked a barrage of questions regarding my wherabouts, along with the hint of reconnecting. As Dicken's himself will let you know, no one wants more than one encounter with a ghost. Let's just say, even a grim reaper, ghost of Christmas Yet to Come would quake at the sight of the one that beckoned me.

Had I been proactive in this one tiny area of my life, my evening would have been pain free, and my new shiny phone may not have suffered the mental abuse I put it through as I threw curses and insults its way.

No comments: